Google Analytics not only lets you measure sales and conversions, but also gives you fresh insights into how visitors use your site, how they arrived on your site, and how you can keep them coming back.
Therefore google analytics is a very essential tool for your blog/website.
How to install Google Analytics on wordpress
1. You got to have a Google or Gmail account. If you don’t you can get one at the Google Analytics page. Go here: www.google.com/analytics/ and click sign in if you have an acccount already or signup.
2. Click “Admin” in the upper righthand corner and you will see a “Add Account”
3. You will be asked to name the Account.
4. Once you have setup your account ,you will be given a code to add to your website.
5. In your WordPress installation these are the steps (if you can FTP ,you can do this in the actual PHP header files).
a. Click on Appearance and then Editor
b. Either do a ctrl+f(win) or cmd+f(mac) and put in “/head” — without the quotes.
c. Right above the “/head” paste your code that you got from Google Analytics.
d. Hit “Update File” button under the code area and that is it.
Congratulations! You’ve setup Google Analytics on