There exist multiple reasons why people tend to block websites the most relevant one being that to protect their children from “wrong” exposure
Blocking a site isnt rocket science as perceived and it will eb clear freom the following guide :
How to block a website using HT Employee Monitor
1. Download and install HT Employee Monitor
2. Click the Block Websites button
3. Click the Add button.
4. In the appeared box, type the website address that you want to block or keyword, for example,youtube.com
5. Click OK
HT Employee Monitor is easy to use and effective, allowing you to restrict user activity and internet usage.
What you can do with HT Employee Monitor:
- Block website in the most popular browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, etc.)
- Ban a website by URL
- Block a website by categories (Porn, Gambling, Drugs, Shopping, Chats, etc.)
- Disable any application
- Track and record all your employees’ computer activities (launched applications, typed keystrokes, visited web sites, system activity, screenshots and more).
How to block a website using the Hosts file
The location of the hosts file depends on your operation system.
Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Windows 2000 C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Note! Make a backup of the hosts file and put it somewhere safe, in case you mess up.
1. Open the hosts file using Notepad or other plain text editor.
2. Find the line 127.0.0.1 localhost
3. To block, for example, the website youtube.com, add this text under 127.0.0.1 localhost:
4. Save and close the Hosts file.
5. Reboot your computer to apply the changes.
6. Try to open http://www.youtube.com into a browser.